Just Ask. You Can Save a Life.
The Columbia-Suicide Severity Rating Scale (C-SSRS), the most evidence-supported tool of its kind, is a simple series of questions that anyone can use anywhere in the world to prevent suicide.Get the Questions
You Can Save a Life.
The first step is to ask. We used research and real-world experience to determine the right questions to ask to identify people of all ages at risk for suicide. The C-SSRS is designed for use around the world for research, communities and healthcare, and families, friends, and neighbors.Learn More
Endorsed, Recommended, or Adopted by:
- C-SSRS Featured in New Study in Autism
- Global Study Using C-SSRS As Outcome Measure Finds Frontal Lobe Differences in Teens With Suicide Attempt History
- Columbia Protocol featured in the national newsletter of Israel’s Ministry of Health
- From WPTV: What new school safety law means for South Florida students (“The district said it’s also in compliance with the new law by utilizing the Columbia Suicide Severity Scale”)
- Liability Barrier Knocked Down: Columbia is “A Game Changer” For CT First Responders
Effective For Everyone
The C-SSRS can be used by anyone, anywhere. The Columbia Lighthouse Project provides the scale in more than 100 country-specific languages for use by: