Identify Risk. Prevent Suicide.
The Columbia-Suicide Severity Rating Scale (C-SSRS), the most evidence-supported tool of its kind, is a simple series of questions that anyone can use anywhere in the world to prevent suicide.Get the Questions
You Can Save a Life.
The first step is to ask. We used research and real-world experience to determine the right questions to ask to identify people of all ages at risk for suicide. The C-SSRS is designed for use around the world for research, communities and healthcare, and families, friends, and neighbors.Learn More
Endorsed, Recommended, or Adopted by:
- Columbia Screen Robustly Predicts Death by Suicide in Swedish ER’s with Imminent Risk Timeframe
- Drs. Posner and Franklin USA Today Oped about Schools, COVID and Mental Health
- Congress must pass The Dr. Lorna Breen Health Care Provider Protection Act : Dr. Posner’s and Dr. Franklin’s important oped in The Hill
- ALERT: Columbia Protocol Tools Are Appropriate for Use Over the Telephone or in Telemedicine
- COVID-19 UPDATE: Combating Social Isolation With the Columbia Protocol: A Community Resource to Mitigate COVID-19 Related Mental Health Sequelae