C-SSRS Rater Training and Certification for Research
Raters administering the C-SSRS are not required to have clinical training (in clinical psychology, nursing, psychiatry, etc.). Training in the administration of the scale is recommended for all academic research and is typically required for commercially sponsored trials. If required, the training certificate is valid for 2 years or for the duration of an ongoing trial, where the scale is administered continuously.
The Project has a separate webpage with specific information about the use of the C-SSRS in research funded by pharmaceutical companies (including licensing requirements).
TRAINING CONSISTS OF:
- Watching a 30-minute instructional video and completing an optional 8-question self-assessment.
TRAINING CAN BE ACCESSED IN 3 WAYS
I. Online via the Training Campus Portal
Training Campus does not work with some releases of Internet Explorer. Please try Firefox or Google Chrome if you encounter difficulties
- Log in to the training campus portal.
- Click on “My Activities.”
- Under “Available Curricula,” select “Enroll Now” for the training module in your preferred language. (NOTE: Do not choose the RFMH-Z01 training module for the screener).
- Under “Active Curricula,” click on the training module you enrolled in to expand the view, and then select the hyperlinked module name to load it.
- After viewing the training module, close the window and complete the case study questions to receive a certificate.
II. Downloadable videos
If you are experiencing difficulty playing media files, please download VLC media player.
- Visit our training video library.
- Select a language-specific training folder.
- Select the image of the training video in the language you want.
- Click on the download button in the upper-right corner in order to save the file to watch on your device. For a short preview, click on the image of the video.
III. CD-ROM/Stick Drive Option
Research programs that cannot conduct internet-based training or have restrictions on sharing electronic files, may contact us to obtain one training CD-ROM/Stick Drive per language.
- Please provide your name, mailing address and country, phone number, and desired training language or languages.
- For shipments within the United States please allow 3 business days and 7 days for shipments outside of the United States.
SUBTITLED TRAINING VIDEOS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING LANGUAGES:
- Chinese (Mandarin only)
- Dutch (Belgium, Netherlands)
- English (U.S., South Africa)
- German (Austria, Germany)
- Spanish (U.S. and Mexico)
Please contact us if you require other translations or a printed copy of the video training (transcript or slide presentation).
TRAINING CERTIFICATES CAN BE OBTAINED IN 2 WAYS:
- Training Campus generates a personalized certificate at the end of the training session and may be accessed at any time.
- For training that was completed using a downloaded video, raters may visit the Training Campus website to complete the self-assessment and obtain a certificate.
- Select the training module in your preferred language (NOTE: do not choose the RFMH-Z01 “Screener” training). Skip the training video by closing the window, and then complete the case study questions.
For prospective monitoring of suicidal ideation and behavior we recommend using Baseline/Screening at first visit and Since Last Visit for all subsequent assessments.
To download scales and their linguistically validated translations, please contact us at email@example.com